I say casual walking; you may say leisurely walking. Whatever term you wish to use consider the type of walk that is for pleasure. I know that in many of my discussions walking is mentioned in general, but in my walk today, it came to me that we too often do every walk with purpose. This is a good thing, but for general purposes of leisurely walking, one should not count the miles, calories burned or even clocking time. What’s great about casual walking is that it is just that…casual, fun, and entertaining.
Consider what you did as youth…you would walk in conversation with your friends, and you wouldn’t even realize the amount of miles walked. it was a pass time not taken seriously, but for enjoyment.
Do you want to get back to having a leisurely walk? Here are five tips to Take Back the Time of Leisurely Walking…
- Stop thinking about walking for fun; just do it!
- Take one of your planned walks and turn it into a fun walk by walking in a resort area, park, beach or another place other than the gym or your neighborhood.
- Pack a bag, take it into your office, and change into your walking clothes then walk around your building
- Find a companion/friend and have them walk with you (and talk about the fun stuff)
- Grab your pet and take them for a walk, but this time, look at the landscape, sky, water or what ever is around you. Don’t rush!
Cherish your time and take back the leisurely walk for you…Walking for a Cause this time is for YOU!
© 2013 Jewel Williams
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR EZINE OR WEB SITE?
You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it:
“Motivational Walker, Jewel Williams is your everyday wife, mom and daughter motivating men and women to Walk for a Cause-”Learning about Self, Helping Others”. Get more information about the cause and how you can join in the walk by visiting, http://walkingforacause.com.”