The use of an APP, website, standard journal or nothing at all are a few choices that are most commonly used to track one’s progress for walking or running. It would be best not to exercise the later, nothing at all. Don’t you want to know how well you are doing, especially if you are exercising five or more days a week? Wouldn’t it be impressive to not just your doctor (always start an exercise regime with your doctor’s approval), but to impress YOU on how well you are doing or have done in completing your goal.
I don’t care how much power, brilliance or energy you have, if you don’t harness it and focus it on a specific target, and hold it there you’re never going to accomplish as much as your ability warrants. ~Zig Ziglar
How are you going to know how well you are doing with your walk or run without tracking your abilities and reaching your target? There are three jewels in this treasure that I would like to share with you as you track your progress.
- You Matter. You are not alone in the exercise routine. It is not about accomplishing your goal fast, but it is about accomplishing your task for self. You are what matters in the end.
- You will Succeed. There will be days that you will not want to put on the walking clothes and find an excuse to not walk or run. Consider the phrase, you can lead a horse to water, but you can not make him drink it. Do you want it succeed? You have the ability to walk or run. You have the will. Remember, putting off later is really putting off now!
- You are Special. What is so amazing about tracking your progress, it is similar to your DNA, there is no one’s progress chart that is identical. You are a special person and don’t forget that you are a ‘jewel’.
Don’t you want to start logging your progress now? Included in this post is a very simple, yet reflective chart that you may use to begin tracking your progress until you are able to locate an APP or website that you feel most comfortable using. Don’t delay in downloading this free document, because you are waiting for the magical document. Start with something that is attainable, WeeklyActivityProgressLog.
© 2013 Jewel Williams
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR EZINE OR WEB SITE?
You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it:
“Motivational Walker, Jewel Williams is your everyday wife, mom and daughter motivating men and women to Walk for a Cause-”Learning about Self, Helping Others”. Get more information about the cause and how you can join in the walk by visiting, http://walkingforacause.com.”
- Zig Ziglar’s Wheel of Life (standoutleader.wordpress.com)
- Get up! Get moving! It doesn’t matter what you do, just move! (moderndaysamurai0.wordpress.com)
- 10 Fitness Apps: Which Is Best for Your Personality? (livescience.com)