Foods Trick You
by Jewel Williams
Brownies, Cupcakes, Cookies are there
Slowing us down and adding the pounds
Pasta, Pizza, Pastries and more
Starches that make you want some more
Chicken, adorned in batter fried
Meat prepared against our healthy guide
Candies, Popcorn, Chips to Dip
Salt and sugar with a limit to our lips
Savory flavors our mouths do like
Foods we see and want in sight, but know
Our eyes do tricks, our mouths need less
Our bodies are our temples that God has blessed!
Today is Halloween and there will be many foods, treats and fun with good eats that many of us will partake in. I it good to partake once in a while in the “bad” foods list. It happens, but what is most telling about us is the mindset if knowing when to stop and revert to the good foods for our bodies.
Have fun today, but remember that if your mission is to have the energy to exercise keep with your regime. If you want to take a day off, be watchful of what you eat. You still have to allow your food to digest over the night; you may feel sluggish in the morning, because you are not used to eating this way. Take it easy and consider the three tips if you want to partake in the fun.
- Eat a healthy meal prior to trick or treating;
- Once you have gathered your treats, separate your treats into small bags for later use (always check for safety);or
- Try to create your own treats as a family to control your portions and ingredients;
- Better yet, plan for next year and host an event where you can control the goodies and cut some of the sugar and have the taste;
- Temptation to overeat your sugary goods could happen, plan how much you are going to have. You can always save some for later.
© 2013 Jewel Williams
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR EZINE OR WEB SITE?
You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it:
“Motivational Walker, Jewel Williams is your everyday wife, mom and daughter motivating men and women to Walk for a Cause-”Learning about Self, Helping Others”. Get more information about the cause and how you can join in the walk by visiting, http://walkingforacause.com.”
- 10 Steps to a Healthier Halloween (kitchendelightenment.wordpress.com)
- Halloween Health and Safety Tips By the CDC (westoaksurgentcare.wordpress.com)
- Healthy Halloween: Treats, Tricks and Tips (freshwaddabrooks.com)