Spreading ourselves thin is what we tend to do when we want to please, meet the needs of others or to finish our to-do list. This is so difficult especially when we are building our business/blog. We really want to spread our word to others and at times we spread ourselves hoping to gratify others. The question that you need to ask is, “Are you really pleasing those who really need your gift?”
Your gift to others is what you want to give to others, but you must look at yourself too. You will not be able to satisfy, to please everyone. Today, I want you to create your DIAMOND LIST of what you want to do for self. This will help you to give to others because you will be able to be refreshed and grow into an even better YOU! If you do not have a list to get you started on your way. Remember you will be doing these activities by yourself for a minimum of 30 minutes once a week outside of your meditation or prayer time, or schedule for yourself:
- Movies (specifically watch a foreign film or one with subtitles)- support Independent Films
- Dinner (at a French, Italian or ethnic restaurant)
- Bookstore (an independent bookstore that may have guest speakers)
- Walk on the beach (really sink your toes in the sand)
- Attend a concert!
- Manicure or Pedicure (get a radically different design)
- Train trip to a near by state to their “vacation” spot
- Take a class at your local community college (a fun course)
- Visit a local landmark or museum
- Take a one day or spirit cruise
As you review this list or create your own, set a timeframe to complete each of the 10 that you create. You really want to gratify (indulge) in your own intellectual growth. I know that you can do this, because will enhance and promote a healthy lifestyle.
© 2013 Jewel Williams
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR EZINE OR WEB SITE?
You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it:
“Motivational Walker, Jewel Williams is your everyday wife, mom and daughter motivating men and women to Walk for a Cause-”Learning about Self, Helping Others”. Get more information about the cause and how you can join in the walk by visiting, http://jewelwilliams.com.